Sunday, June 5, 2011

A litte bit of RaNDom

I like this picture with Sister Moody (Humanitarian Missionary) shaking hands with this kind gentelman. I want to zoom in on the handshake and the eye contact they have with each other. That is what this work is all about it. Loving one another.
This is a common site here in the Congo. Everything is carried on their heads. They are amazingly strong people.
This picture was taken last December. The people in the photo mean a lot to me. Eric Kahunda and his wife Urcile. She is pregnant with twins. She gave birth February 27, 2011 to two beautiful children. A little girl, Merdi, and a little boy Merveil. She passed away while delivering her babies.
This is just a picture I took while driving down the road. A very common site.
These strong men are working very hard to finish up a water pump for their community. This is just one of the many projects The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Humanitarian Services does. This community now has clean water.
Elder Hatch and I are so blessed to be here in the Congo. Today is our 9 month mark. We are half way through with our mission. I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve.
I love my brothers and sisters here!

2 comments:

echo said...

did he name the twins? does that mean the dad will keep them? i hope so.

it is so cool that you get to witness so many amazing and simple things like getting clean water to a community. we are so spoiled.

Matthew Hatch said...

Wow, that is a great post! thanks, you guys are inspirations to us.