Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blessing Lives


Today we went to a Humanitarian Well Project Closing of the construction and opening of the usage for St. Joseph's Hospital. They now have clean water for the hospital and their patients.
They had a wonderful ceremony. They gave many thanks to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Humanitarian Aid Funds. It was an honor to be a part of this ceremony. Thanks to you all for your donations and faith.
They had African Dancers there as part of the ceremony.
They let me wear a grass skirt and do some dancing before it started. They laughed at my American swiggle hips, but then they taught me the real way to dance.
We hope you enjoy the pictures.

















Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Matthew Hatch said...

Wow, that is really cool. It is awesome how you guys get to help out in so many ways and make many memories and experiences!

Anonymous said...

That is great. I almost tear up seeing the water spout though... that's what this is all about? That one rugged-looking water spout with a stream of clean water. I am so humbled to think of what I take for granted every day! We are loving Africa and its people more and more. Thanks for sharing your experiences with those of us who will likely never see that portion of the world.

Trevor said...

I wish I was there! and could see the things you see. I am grateful to see them through you two though! Thank you!

echo said...

very cool